Monday, June 2, 2014

C25K W6D3

Woo hoo!! Happy Monday!  I hope you've all had an amazing day.

Before I go into the run, I'd like to say a little about my workout yesterday.  I went to the gym with Hubby yesterday afternoon.  We decided we would try a new cardio machine called the "arch climber."  It's kind of like an elliptical... But it seemed like lower impact for me.  We used the machine for 30 minutes, and that was more than enough for both of us.  We lifted weights for about 30 minutes, then went home, completely BEAT!  I can say I highly suggest the arch climber for a great cardio workout.

Now, for my run.  Today was a good day, in general.  I was in a good mood all day, and I was actually looking forward to my run this evening.  The more I work out, the more I look forward to it.  I don't think I need a hard, long workout every day, but doing SOMETHING each day makes me feel great.


I come home, feel great, and get ready to get my sweat on.  I got to the gym just in time to meet the Monday afternoon rush.  I guess lots of other people had a great Monday too!  I felt a little bad taking a treadmill for a whole 30 minutes while there were so many people there.  There was plenty of cardio machines for everyone, but most of the treadmills were full.  I only felt bad for a minute - then I ran my little heart out.

Today's run was a five minute warm-up, 22 minute run, and five minute cool-down.  I *almost* made it through the entire run.... I walked for about 50 seconds, beside that, I ran the whole thing.  I am so proud of me!  I just decided that I will NOT be repeating this run.  I don't think there's anything to be gained.  I haven't looked at W7D1, but I'm confident that I will get through it.


Unrelated to running, I got a bike this weekend!!  I plan on riding for 30 minutes (or more, depending on how I'm feeling), on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.

Also unrelated, I made AMAZING bean and (vegan) cheese quesadillas for dinner!  I made the cheese this weekend - I'm not really a fan of any of the vegan cheeses on the market.  I also made my own corn tortillas.  I put a little crushed red pepper and granulated garlic in the dough.  They were AMAZING!!


2 comments:

  1. Love it. Rather than get a proper bike I got an exercise bike. Same workout but I can watch the Simpsons as I do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My apartment isn't quite big enough for a stationary bike... and after being in my office ALL DAY, I quite enjoy getting outside or a ride :) But, to each his own!

      Delete