Thursday, May 29, 2014

C25K W6D2 and The New Gym Finally Opened!

Firstly, I apologize for the lack of pictures today.  I suppose I could add a picture of my yummy dinner.... hmmmm....

So, our new gym opened today, and I am BEYOND excited.  Biggest thing I'm excited about at this point?  Their treadmills have the interval function where you set a walk speed and a run speed, then just hit the button to change it.  Very excited about that.

My run today was great!! I had planned to run yesterday, but this damn rain!!!  The rain is another reason I'm glad the gym opened.  The first 10 minute run was not easy, exactly, but was definitely not difficult.  Then the walk part was easy, of course.  The second 10 minute run was more challenging.  I did end up slowing my running speed at the end from 5.5 to 5.1.  Doesn't seem like a huge difference, but I thought I could feel a difference, and that's all that really matters.  I was dripping sweat by the end of it - and even soaked my shirt.  I have been really hot today, and I'm not sure why....

Now, for my yummy dinner.  Behold:


I made a simple curry with coconut milk, mushrooms, carrots, jackfruit, and green onions.  I used curry powder, garlic, ginger, cinnamon (very little), cardamom, and a little cayenne for flavor.  I served it over bean stings.  I LOVE these noodles - you just soak them in hot water for 5 minutes then DONE!!  I love easy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment