Saturday, May 10, 2014

C25K W4D3

Starting out on my run
I got up and went running this morning, planning to catch the day before it got warm.  I think I should have gotten up about 4 hours earlier.  Thankfully, there was a breeze, so it wasn't all terrible.  Today, I went running in a little neighborhood behind my apartment complex.  There are hills, turns, flat spots, angry little dogs..... It all makes for an interesting run, if nothing else.  I do frequently pass other runners, bikers, and walkers while I'm in that neighborhood.  It's nice to see I'm not the only one making the effort to be healthier, because some days it sure does feel like I am.  Also, I'm slightly competitive, so if I see someone else running on my path, I WILL pass them.  I know this about me, and I'm not ashamed of it.  Now to the important bits - the run.

C25K W4D3 - 5 minute warm up, then: Jog for 3 mins; Walk for 90 secs; Jog for 5 mins; Walk 2.5 mins; Jog 3 mins; Walk 90 secs; Jog 5 mins; 5 min cool-down.

Me, just before I started out on my run
I made it entirely through the run except the last jog part.  I did end up walking for probably a minute total.  It was uphill and no trees to shade the sun.  Also, the breeze had died at this point.

So, I made it home, and felt a million times better than when I left, thank you endorphin rush!

Just got back home 

No comments:

Post a Comment