Tuesday, May 20, 2014

C25K W5D3

Geez oh man!! Sorry for the delay in getting back to you guys.  I had planned to run on Saturday, but time with my husband is a little more important than a run.  So, I went on Monday...

 If you've never done the C25K program, W5D3 is your first long run with no breaks.  20 minutes of running.  The first time I did this program, I got stuck big-time on W5D3.  I repeated it about 5 times before I decided to move on to W6.  And even then, I didn't actually finish it.  

Fast forward to yesterday (sounds a bit oxymoronic, doesn't it?).  I started out and pretty immediately felt bad about the run.  I was determined to stick through it though.  I am pretty sure I didn't even run half of it.  It was SO hot.  I was miserable!  I got home and was exhausted.  

Tired after a hard run
As I was trying to catch my breath, I remembered that my sister-in-law had gotten me a gift at Christmas, just for this reason.  Enter, Frogg Toggs cooling towel.  


I plan on putting this thing to use on my next run.  Hopefully, this little baby will make the heat more bearable.  I'll be letting you all know how it holds up!

Unrelated to the run, check out what I made for dinner tonight - BBQ jackfruit riceballs!


No comments:

Post a Comment