Wednesday, May 21, 2014

C25K W5D3 (Again)

Since my last run was so terribad, I decided to do it again.  I don't know what made the difference - maybe I was more motivated, maybe my Frogg Togg towel is a miracle worker, maybe I was better hydrated - but this run was GREAT!  

I looked so fabulous at work today
  I did a little bit of stretching before I headed out.  I mean, less than 5 minutes.  I don't think it played a part in me running better.... but it could have.  Who knows.  I always MEAN to stretch, but I get so excited to be outside, I just lace up my shoes and head out the door.  I really need to make a point to stop and stretch a bit before I go.  I think in the long run (ha, see what I did there?) it will be beneficial.  

First things first - I had to get my hair out of the way.  I normally do a basic pony tail, but today, I was feeling beautiful and adventurous, so I did something different.  Behold:

Never mind my matches... 
I did kind of a three-tier pony tight to my head.  I really liked this because my hair wasn't swinging around and feeling heavy.  I am pretty sure this will be my go-to workout style.

I was going to go run at the school track near me, but when I drove by after work they were doing something out on the field.... and I hate for a bunch of people to watch me run.  What the heck am I going to do at my next race?? Same thing as last time - find at least one person I want to make sure I finish in front of, and just focus on him/her.  

Off I went, on my usual path in the neighborhood behind my apartments.  It's so pretty out there.  Lots of nice houses, a few ponds, lots of birds... I really enjoy it out there.  The only down side is that there are a lot of cars driving, and they mostly go over the speed limit.  I have to make sure I'm paying attention to everything out there, not just pushing through the run.  But sometimes, you really need to just focus on the run, right??

I walked just a bit, maybe a minute, just after the halfway mark.  Then, right at the end, I walked for 21 seconds before the "one minute left" mark.  I know it was only 21 seconds, because I peeked at my ipod because I had to change the music - nothing will ruin your run like a bad song - and the timer was at 1:21, so I walked until the on minute mark.  I walked a bit in the cooldown, then made up the running time I missed.  I was still plenty far from home to get the full cooldown time in, so I wasn't worried about it.  

So, I made it home, and started in on this post.  Hope you enjoyed it!

Resting with the puppy

No comments:

Post a Comment